01 April 2013

A Thumb Sucker

Luke has found his fingers a few times here and there over the last week or so but tonight I actually saw him sucking his thumb! Not that I'm thrilled at the prospect of having a kid who sucks his thumb, but I do like the cognitive aspect of him learning to self soothe! Way to go baby Luke!

Although we didn't capture photos of him sucking his thumb, here is a picture of baby Luke tonight after his bath in his mommy loves me sleeper...
 

Have you ever had that feeling that you couldn't love someone more than you already do and then come to the realization that you in fact do love them more than you did yesterday?  It's amazing and so totally consuming...  I felt that way tonight.  I could not care less about Luke's diagnosis... I'm so totally in love with him, every look, every smile, every cuddle... he is more than I could have ever hoped for and I am in awe yet again of this precious little life that has joined our family...

1 comment:

  1. Elinore is a thumbsucker. I wasn't excited about it either at first, but now I don't mind. I may change my mind in 5 years if we are still stuck on the thumb, but it's always with her, she soothes herself with it, and right now she's darn cute with it! :)

    ReplyDelete