18 April 2013

Up and at 'em

Well its 4:40 AM I've been up for an hour already. I fed Luke at 4 AM as instructed and he's back to sleep now. I still need to pack our overnight bags as we are planning to leave for the hospital in just over an hour. I don't have an hours worth of packing to do, but there isn't enough time to go back to bed either, although I desperately wish I could jump back in, snuggle under the covers and sleep for hours straight. Dustin isn't feeling well, he started coming down with the initial symptoms of a cold yesterday... Runny nose, sore throat, achy, etc. I wish I didn't have to wake him soon, I know he's likely going to be miserable today, although he's a pretty good trooper and if I know him like I think I do, he probably won't complain to me about how he's feeling.

I've mentioned before that we've been trying to "protect" Luke from potential germs (fortunately cold and flu season is coming to an end soon). For that purpose, we've not been to church since Luke's birth. We were so blessed last night to have a visit from our pastor who brought us communion, prayed with us and also just visited for over an hour and a half! We have a lot in common with her as she also has two young kids and it was fun to catch up and share stories!

I'm debating whether or not to wake Matthew to say goodbye before we leave. I'm sure I won't be able to justify disrupting his morning just to get a hug and kiss for myself, but I know I will miss him terribly, even if its just for a day and a half.

I'm supposed to give Luke pedialyte at 6 AM and we are planning to already be on the road by then, so we will likely have to pull off the interstate somewhere to attempt his last feed. He's never had the sugary sweet taste of that stuff before and I'm looking forward to his reaction, although I'm guessing he won't like it and I'm thinking it might be wise to also pack some water in case he doesn't like it. We have the orange flavor and personally I think it's disgusting!

We have directions to park somewhere new this morning and I have a bit of a anxiety that we won't find it and will be late to check in because of it. The clinic is so massive that the thought of going there can be overwhelming at times. Fortunately the signage is pretty good and we will probably find where we need to go without issue. I'm going to resign myself to stop worrying about everything today....

Now that I've passed some time writing, we have to leave in 45 minutes now.... That might be the right length to get us packed up and ready to go. I'll plan to write another update later this morning after he's been taken back for his procedure and we are settled in the waiting room. Thank you to those of you have been praying for our family, we are beyond grateful to have you as friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment