02 April 2013

Farm Kings

I came across this blog post about the TV show Farm Kings and actually laughed out loud when I read the article.  Partly because the author refers to the brothers as "male Gods, with golden locks and muscles only a hard working man can develop.......picking corn" which is pretty difficult to go unnoticed since they hardly wear shirts!  But also, I laughed because I had almost the same reaction as her daughter when I realized that one of the youngest brothers has Down syndrome.... I yelled for Dustin to "COME LOOK AT THE TV!" and since then, we've been DVR-ing it, in part because it really is kind of a cool show but also because we continue to have a lot of curiosity about DS and how Luke may look, sound and act as he grows older.  I'm grateful that I have this particular way to observe a young man affected by DS and have been comforted by how "normal" (if there really is such a thing for any of us) he seems.  He's funny, engages with his brothers constantly and he seems as equally loved as everyone else on the show.  It's a good show as far as reality tv is concerned and airs on GAC if you're interested. The family bios are interesting and share that Ben is 12 years old.


Click to Enlarge
Brothers Tim and Ben King


No comments:

Post a Comment