16 April 2013

The Inspiration of Children

People have sometimes made comments to me like, "I don't know how you do it" and "special kids only come to special people."  I know they are meant as compliments and I've said thank you and have gone along my merry way, but in the back of my mind, I've always thought about how if they were in my shoes they'd be doing the same things we're doing.  If I could have chosen this path for baby Luke and our family, I'm not sure if I would have been up for the challenge.  Dustin and I have both grown so much as individuals and parents over the last and a half and it started with bringing our typical child, Matthew into the world in August of 2011.  Since we humans typically pick the path of least resistance, I'm not sure if I would have appreciated the special challenges and growth that we'd achieve through the life of Luke.  Fortunately, we are living a plan designed by our divine creator and He knows the type of growth we need in our lives and he has given us the tools to make the best of our situations.  I think it's impossible to not love your children and when you love someone, you're willing to do anything and everything in your power to best meet their needs and show them they are loved.  Matthew and Luke have both inspired me to be a better person and the best part is that they've done it in different ways!


No comments:

Post a Comment