02 May 2013

Sweet, Cuddly Matthew

Matthew is all boy.  He is constantly on the go. If he's not moving, he's talking and he's talking a lot these days.  For months now, I've missed the times when he used to just let me hold and cuddle him close (that ended when he realized that he could crawl).  For some reason, I've seen some of who I remember fondly as "baby Matthew" come to life lately.  Even if it's only for a few minutes, he's been willing to sit in my lap more often and a few nights ago he even asked me to "rock rock" him before it was time to go to bed.  Also one night this week since Dustin had other plans and didn't get home until late, I took Matthew to bed with me - hoping he would be willing to cuddle.  I was expecting it to last a couple of minutes and for him to end up back in his crib, but he surprised me!  He actually did fall asleep with me and stayed there until his daddy came home and moved him to his crib.  The best part about the whole night was right before he fell asleep, he kept toggling between restlessness and peace and with that came him throwing my arm off... but a few seconds later, he'd reach out in the darkness, trace my arm until he found my hand... he'd loop his fingers around mine and pull my arm back around him to cuddle... this happened at least 4 or 5 times so I know it wasn't a fluke.  My big boy still needs his mom.  [insert a sigh of relief]  Sometimes it feels like the world is moving too fast and time is slipping away too quickly and then a night like that reminds me how important each age and stage is with our little people.  I am blessed.

Here are some photos of my big boy playing with his trucks this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment