04 May 2013

Mark 9:37

Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receives me: and whosoever shall receive me, receives not me, but him that sent me. Mark 9:38

Dustin and Matthew are running errands in wooster and I'm alone with Luke this morning. The house is quiet. Luke is asleep right now and resting on my shoulder. His little body is warm and limp and restful. He is a welcome weight on my chest. This morning, I'm drinking a cup of coffee (lovingly made and delivered to me as I sat in the recliner by my husband) and I'm reading "A good and perfect gift" by Amy Julia Becker, a story about a mother who learns at birth that her daughter has Down syndrome. I'm only a few chapters in at this point but I had to stop and share this part... After learning of Penny's diagnosis, one of Amy's friends called her, they shared tears and the friend reminded her of the verse above from Mark. As I sit in my chair this morning, cuddling with sweet 4 month old baby Luke, listening to birds singing outside and watching them as they hop across the branches of the blooming crabapple tree in our front yard, I am filled with His presence. It is so wonderful to know that I am loved beyond measure by God. I am blessed!

What a wonderful way to start the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment