27 July 2013

A Chance Encounter with a Blinding Light

I had the most wondrous thing happen last night.  In the middle of the night I woke up and opened my eyes to the most intense and blinding light that I've ever seen - it was coming from a corner of our room where we have a sliding glass door and at first I thought it was coming in through the curtain from outside.  The light was only there for a few seconds and as I focused in on it, I saw the outline of a man who was wearing a white robe.  He was standing at the foot of our bed, was at the corner of my side of the bed and had a medium size build (was maybe close to my height at 5' 6"-ish).  I wanted him to talk to me, but he didn't say anything.  I was confused with the significance of what I thought I was looking at while I was in the moment and after I blinked, the light was gone.  The room was dim again and the measly light that was coming in through the curtains was nothing like the intense, blinding light I saw before I blinked.  I KNOW that a presence was with me.  I don't know if it was really Jesus or if it was an angel.  I don't know why he was there, if there was any more significance than just us being together?  I've never experienced anything like this before.  I've heard of God speaking directly to people and I've read instances of blinding light similar to what I saw last night, but I have to admit, I'd always questioned whether those people were delusional or if they'd maybe just been dreaming.  I was not dreaming.  I was wide awake and I don't think I'm delusional.  After it was over, I asked God if there was something he wanted to tell me, a purpose he had for me, or in general, what it was that I was supposed to take away from that experience.  I didn't hear any booming words coming from above and he didn't send any quiet thoughts through my mind.  I don't know what his message was supposed to be for me for me last night.  I do have a stronger faith this morning and without a sliver of doubt, I know there is more than this life.  I feel renewed to live the life that He has designed for me and I will keep praying that I figure out what my true purpose is so that I can live a life pleasing to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment