13 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

I keep seeing all these hearts everywhere.  I know they are meant to represent love and romance, but all they've made me think about this year is Luke's "broken" heart which is represented via his atrioventricular canal defect.  Matthew received a vintage Fisher Price doctor's set as a gift a few weeks ago from a friend of my mom's and he's been obsessed with it ever since.  Admittedly, we go to the doctor's office relatively often which exposes him to observing these tools in use so it's no wonder from the first second he owned his own set of instruments, he was pretending to play doctor on all of us.  One of the first things he did was pull out his stethoscope and "listen" to Luke's heart.  It nearly made me cry.  Weeks have passed since that day and my own heart nearly skips a beat when I watch them playing this game together.



When Matthew isn't pretending to be his favorite pediatrician or his brother's cardiologist, he's typically farming... that is if you count carpet farming as a form of the occupation.  He plants his crops, harvests them and loves to drive hopper wagons full of his freshly harvested corn to his dairy barn to feed the cows... Jerseys of course! 




No comments:

Post a Comment