02 October 2013

Donate Christmas Gifts in Luke's Honor

Last week, Luke turned 9 months old... before we know it, our little guy will be turning a year old! 

In celebration of Luke's first birthday, I'd like to donate some Christmas inspired onesies/footed sleepers and possibly other gifts to the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital NICU where Luke spent the first week of his life, which also included his 1st Christmas. 

Luke arrived early.  We had a c-section scheduled for the morning of January 2nd, 2013, however I went into labor during the early morning hours of December 22nd, 2012.  I wasn't well prepared for an early arrival and I spent the first hour breathing through contractions at home while packing mine and Luke's bags.  I did not have anything special for him to wear on Christmas and we ended up with a baseball onesie from the NICU sleeper inventory that morning.  I mean, lets prioritize... we had a beautiful, stable baby and that was the most important, but it just didn't feel right being away from home and especially away from Matthew.  We didn't get to attend the Christmas Eve service at our church nor did we get to wake up to a sparkling Christmas tree.  I can't control those things for other families this year, but I can possibly make a difference with what children admitted over Christmas wear on that special day. 

My goal is to raise $500 in support of purchasing Christmas onesies for babies in the NICU where Luke was born.  We have also contacted Carters to ask for a donation.  Over the next few days, I will also be reaching out to Gymboree's corporate headquarters as well as other baby apparel makers to ask for their support. 

If you feel so inclined, please help me celebrate the gift of Luke by donating money in his name to support our mission!  You can donate via PayPal or credit card on the "Donate" button at the top left hand side of our blog!

If you have other ideas of how we might gain corporate support, please let me know!  Wouldn't it be great if we could extend our goal to include other hospital NICUs and nurseries??

Thank you for your generosity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment