16 October 2013

Help Us Purchase Gifts for Babies in Cleveland Clinic NICU

Earlier this month, I wrote about a fundraiser that I'm working on to raise money to purchase Christmas onesies for the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Cleveland, Ohio where Luke was born and spent his first Christmas.  As I shared in that post, we were unprepared to deliver Luke 3 weeks early and didn't have anything special for him to wear on Christmas Day.  Furthermore, we were away from home and away from family.  In fact, we were only allowed to visit with Matthew for 30 minutes that day and only because the NICU made special accommodations for us to use a private room so we could all be together for the first time on Christmas.  It was one of the most precious 30 minutes of my life and I've linked a video below if you'd like to share it with us!

I have been amazed by the generosity of our family and friends and on more than one occasion I was brought to tears by donations that have been made!  Today I received a Kohl's flyer in the mail and it included a 30% off coupon, plus Kohl's Cash that starts tomorrow (and one of the managers at our local Kohl's has also agreed to give me an additional 10% off!!).  That said, I'd really like to make my purchases in the next few days so I can get the Kohl's Cash to use for additional onesies (and maybe some sweet little matching bows and/or headbands for the girls and some sort of accessory for boys, too) during the redemption period.

If you would like to donate to our cause, please use the Donate button or link below.



If you can't see the button, use this link: Donate Now




P.S. I researched obtaining some corporate support from a number of baby apparel and toy manufacturers, however they all require official non profit status... definitely something I'm going to consider getting organized before this time next year.  I have so many wonderful ideas of how we could support special needs awareness in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment