04 December 2013

Sing a little song

I've been a mama to babies for a solid two years and four months. I know that I may still seem a rookie to some, but it feels like I've lived and been through it all in that short time. That said, It's been a while since I've had a first experience, but I had one tonight and it was wonderful!  Tonight I sang one of my babies to sleep... Actually since I'm a terrible singer I really just whispered the lyrics to Jesus Loves Me as I rocked Luke. I couldn't believe he actually fell asleep, usually they just stare at me and grin! It was awesome to watch his eye lids get heavier and heavier and eventually it felt so intimate for me to study his face as he drifted off to sleep. While I watched him teeter between consciousness and sweet dreams, the words Jesus Loves Me stuck in my mind and brought me to tears. I know that I'm not a perfect person. I can think of ways that I fall short every day. Some days I even find that I'm disappointed in myself when I know I've missed the mark on something, wasn't nice enough to someone or didn't give my best self in some way. Regardless of how hard I am on myself, Jesus Loves Me! He loves Matthew and Luke and Dustin and he loves you too! Tonight was awesome for me as I felt this all consuming love towards my youngest as I soaked up his innocence and then realized that for all the love I was feeling in that moment, God loves us more than we can understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment