20 September 2012

Feeling Baby's Movements at 24 Weeks

Up until 18 weeks gestation, we were under the impression that we were expecting a "typical" baby.  We found out at 18 weeks, 2 days that we were expecting what we believed to be a "typical" baby boy and then 3 days later, we discovered the abnormal 18 week quad marker screening results and since then we've been in a spiral of discoveries and emotions.  While I've felt relatively optimistic about our future and we've been surrounded by an abundance of support, I've had my fair share of days where I've experienced depression, sadness, excessive crying, etc.

Feeling the baby move has brought back the sense of joy I had about our pregnancy before we found out about the baby's heart defect and Down syndrome.  The movements have been God's special reminder that the life He has chosen to give us is growing and thriving inside my body.  I've been feeling him move since about 20 or 21 weeks gestation but the movements have grown in intensity over the last couple of weeks to the point that Dustin was even able to feel the baby move this morning!

I am so excited to meet this little baby (in due time, of course) and am looking forward to watching him grow and helping him to learn in the months and years to come.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment