17 January 2013

A Public Announcement

I've been struggling for months.  Seems pretty silly I guess, but what do I do about Facebook?

Do we share Luke's diagnosis?  When and how?  Since our family and close friends already know, should we even share on Facebook?  Yesterday I was thinking about advocacy for individuals with disabilities and I decided finally that Yes! we should share and since there is no time like the present, I might as well do it sooner rather than later.  So, that my friends is what I'm preparing myself for today.

Baby Luke has a heart defect known as Complete Atrioventricular Canal and he also has Down Syndrome.  This blog was created for me to journal about our experience, but also to educate others about what we're going through and the miracles that our baby boy is going to achieve as he grows older.  He will touch people, I have no doubt - he has already touched my heart in a way I cannot describe!

Please celebrate with us, browse around our blog and get to know our son - even at just 3 weeks old, he is already a pretty awesome little guy!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin he is BEAUTIFUL :) I love the picture.
    Miss you at work but so happy you have this time off to spend with your wonderful family!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little miracle and story. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete